The Drill Pipe Wiper Plug (DWP) is a rubber wiping device used in liner hanger applications. Dropped from the surface, the DWP provides a means of separation between cement and displacement fluid (drilling mud) preventing cross-contamination during liner cementation. It also serves to wipe the internal diameter (ID) of the drill pipe to prevent sheathing or sticking of cement to the inside of the drill pipe.
- Field-customizable fin configuration
- Latching nose locks and seals securely into liner wiper plug
- Allows for proper displacement indication during liner cementation
- Locking mechanism to prevent rotation during drill out
- The flexible fins are available in most drill pipe and tubing size combination